Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tsurumaki Onsen (Hot Springs)

Here is the third set of images from my Japan travel last month. After visiting Tochigi and Yamanashi Prefectures, I was in Kanagawa Prefecture with my sister.

We arrived at the entrance to the ryokan in the hot spring town.


The pasania tree has been there for a long, long time.

It's three hundred years old.

How beautiful this place must be in the autumn.




A Japanese sun room.

Views out of the window.


We were informed that about a dozen fireflies had been spotted by a stream within the inn's property, so we ventured out.

Around 8:30 p.m., in a very dark place, we spotted them illuminating on branches. "Here's one!" "Here's another!" Pretty soon a couple of them started flying from one branch to another. My sister and I followed their lights, being fascinated like children. The yellow light appearing in the center must be the lighting bug.

Koi feeding time in the morning.

1 comment:

Linnea said...

Wonderful shots from your trip! Thanks for sharing ... They remind me of how beautiful Japan is in the summertime! I love the dog resort. Too bad Shiro couldn't go with you!